Tuesday, October 15, 2013

MG Walk 2013


Dear Family & Friends,
        First, and foremost I would like to thank you all that supported me and my team last year, there are not enough thank-you's that I can express.
    `As many of you know, I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis (MG) in 2009, my family and I have struggled daily with this frustrating auto-immune disease. I have gone through many doctors, medications, surgeries and treatments to try and repress this disease.
        MG is a chronic neuromuscular, autoimmune disorder that causes varying degrees of weakness involving the voluntary muscles of the body. MG can affect people of all races, sexes, and ages. MG may affect any voluntary muscle, but most commonly affects those that control eye movements, eyelids, chewing, swallowing, coughing, facial expressions, legs, arms and even muscles that control breathing. Presently, the cause of Myasthenia Gravis is unknown, and there is no cure.
     As you can imagine, my family and myself were heartbroken as I was diagnosed with MG, especially because I was so active throughout my life involving the muscles that weakened. For the past few years I felt so alone, until last year when I found a few MG support groups and came across the " MG Walk". I never knew that there were so many resources and support groups for MG and this just lifted my spirit so much!
I want to support and provide hope for the entire MG community, to try and assist in finding a cure and hope that one will be found within my lifetime. I decided to participate in walking to benefit the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America. I am asking for your support by sending in your tax-deductible donation today! It’s easy. You can support me online by visiting http://www.mgwalk.org/yme and contribute to my page or you can mail a check payable MGFA directly to me.
        MGFA is the only national volunteer health agency dedicated solely to the fight against myasthenia gravis and to serving patients with MG. MGFA has over 20 Chapters around the US serving patients & their families and caregivers through support groups and programs. Each chapter shares the MGFA vision of a world free of MG!
        Although this year I am in another state (Texas) I am excited to still be supporting the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America (MGFA) through the MG Walk. The MGFA is the only national volunteer health agency in the United States dedicated solely to the fight against myasthenia gravis. MGFA is committed to finding a cure for myasthenia gravis and closely related disorders, improving treatment options, and providing information and support to people with myasthenia gravis through research, education, community programs, and advocacy.
        I have had many up's and down's with my Myasthenia Gravis within the past few years, mostly down within the last year, but this year I can say that I am doing so much better and hope to walk longer than last! :) 
     Even though I am in another state than most of my loved ones you can still help support me and the MGFA! Please register to walk with me (if you can make it on Sunday, November 3rd at 9:00 am at Terry Hershey Park in Houston Texas and/OR make a pledge to help me reach my goal of $300!
Together We Can Make A Difference!

Sincerely,
Yesenia (Jenny) Estela

1 comment:

  1. I had myasthenia gravis since 2015. I got medically discharged out of the Army, a job I loved well. My heart had 5 myasthenic crises, 3 being severe enough to be ventilated or require CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) helmet. I have had countless plasma exchanges as my veins are bad. I also needed Hickman lines inserted. I have been on azathioprine, mycophenolate (CellCept), methotrexate and none have worked. I'm currently done with my herbal remedy I purchase from totalcureherbsfoundation .com which has totally cured my condition with a surprise after almost four months of their usage, I was discouraged and never thought I would be myasthenia gravis (MG) free ,to me the best to get rid of this condition is totalcureherbsfoundation com treatment because all medications I used never worked include mycophenolate (CellCept)

    ReplyDelete